Monday, June 13, 2011

Bertie MK3: The Day a Big Fucking Robot Arrived

Rarely does a toy arrive at my doorstep that has the theme song from the 80's Godzilla cartoon playing in my head the whole rest of the day. Bertie Mk3 was delivered by my always amused UPS guy today in a giant box to contain his giant frame. Inside the giant box was his giant white box, contained in a giant black sleeve. It's like one of those Russian nesting dolls but when you get to the inside, a giant fucking robot fries your face off with its awesomeness. My Bertie MK3 came in two sub-boxes..one for the robot and one for his massive cannons that pop onto his shoulders. For those doing the maths, that's 19 inch cannons strapped to a 20 inch robot. Behold...KONG..the 8th wonder of my living room!!! To pump up the menace of my giant fucking robot, this particular version was painted jet black with a skull on his chest and 86's all over. This is the "Night Watch" variant, passed on to me by a killer 3A boardie who has a subscription and hooked it all up. THANKS BUDDY!!














Note the little backpacks that are fully functional and hook onto the bot's hips! Note the swivels, ball joints and pins that make this behemoth TRULY fully articulated! Note the figure in the pics for perspective is 6 inches tall. Yikes. Note the utter horror as I realize I lost all control when this monster went up for sale....and 4 more are headed to my doorstep. If I had children, they would surely fight the bots for control of the apartment. As I do not, I suppose I should defend myself as the battle will be over control of my bed for sleeping rights. I ain't taking the couch you evil clockwork bastards.






















More pics to come, to be sure! This was just the quickie unpacking shoot. Let the drooling commence.

No comments :

Post a Comment